Business Aviation News

Avionics Sales Exceeds $2.8 billion in 2022

Avionics Sales Exceeds $2.8 billion in 2022

Total worldwide business and general avionics sales amounted to $2.88bn in 2022 – a 22% year-over-year increase – according to The Aircraft Electronics Association’s (AEA) 2022 Year-End Avionics Market Report.

Q4 2022 saw a 31% growth in sales compared to Q4 2021, making it the largest quarterly year-over-year percentage increase since AEA began publishing its report eleven years ago.

The forward-fit market made up 52% of sales in 2022, with the remaining 48% coming from the retrofit market.

North America continued to be the dominant geographic market in 2022 – accounting for 75% of total worldwide sales – with 25% taking place across all other international markets.

“We have seen yearly sales rebound the last two years despite supply-chain constraints and a tight labour market”, said ARA President and CEO, Mike Adamson. “While it’s encouraging to see a record-breaking percentage increase in year-over-year avionics sales, the industry is still rebounding from the economic impact of the pandemic”.

The $2.8bn of total sales in 2022 fell short of the 2019 year-end sales of $3.0bn. Despite the fact total sales have yet to recover to pre-pandemic levels, Q4 2022 marked the tenth quarter of consecutive quarter-over-quarter sales growth.

Do you want to be one of the first to read stories like this? Our newsletter features all of the top stories of the week condensed into one easy-to-read email. It’s fast and free to sign up, so click here to sign up now.